Beautiful cannabuttery caramels that have just the right pull.
By November 15, 2012Published:
- Yield: 24 (24 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 0 min
Beautiful buttery caramels that have just the right pull.
- 1 C cannabutter
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C light corn syrup
- 1 C evaporated milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 t vanilla
- Grease a 12x15 inch pan.
- In a medium-size pot, melt cannabutter. Add sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk and whipping cream, whisking well.
- Bring the batch to a boil for about 25 minutes, the batch will boil up in the pot due to the cream. Clip a candy thermometer on the side of the pot, being sure that the tip doesn't touch the bottom of the pot. Continue to boil over medium/ low heat.
- After the ingredients boil up, they boil back down to the cooking level. This process takes about 10 minutes. Whisk continuously after the batch lowers, and do not allow it to scorch.
- When the batch reaches 234 degrees F (after about another 15 minutes of boiling), remove it from the heat and remove the thermometer. Stir in vanilla.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and let the mixture cool completely. When cooled cut the carmel into small squares and wrap them in wax paper or plastic wrap for storage.