These are super fudgy, chewy brownies from scratch and worth the effort. They pack a full ten tablespoons of cannabutter into an 8×8 pan and the cocoa sets off the cannabis flavor nicely.
Cannabis Cocoa Brownies
By December 3, 2012Published:
- Yield: 25 (25 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
A chewy, fudgy brownie using cannabutter.
- 10 T cannabutter
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C flour or 1/4 C flour and 1/4 C cannaflour
- 2/3 C walnut or pecan pieces
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides.
- In a medium heatproof bowl set in a wide skillet of simmering water melt the cannabutter. Add sugar, cocoa, and salt mixing well. Stir from time to time until the mixture is silky smooth and hot. Remove the bowl from the skillet, cooling slightly.
- Stir in the vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one.
- When the batter looks thick, shiny, and well blended, add the flour and stir until well mixed, then beat for an additional 40 strokes. Stir in the nuts, if using.
- Spread evenly in the lined pan.
Bake 25-30 min at 325º, until a toothpick plunged into the center emerges slightly moist. Let cool completely on a rack.
- Using the parchment paper, transfer brownies to a cutting board. Cut into 25 pieces.