a sweet tart recipe using cannabutter and sour cream for a rich, moist delicious lemon poppyseed pound cake drizzled with a sweet lemony glaze
Lemon Cannabutter Poppyseed Sour Cream Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
By March 29, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 bundt or tube cake (12 Servings)
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 1 hr 30 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 10 mins
a cannabutter rich, super moist lemon pound cake accented with poppyseeds and drizzled with a sweet lemony glaze
- 3 C flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 3 T poppy seeds
- 1 C cannabutter room temperature
- 3 C sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 C lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 T lemon rind grated
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 4 t lemon juice fresh squeezed
- Grease bundt or tube pan and dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Stir in poppy seeds.
- In a separate bowl beat cannabutter using electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add sugar gradually and beat for 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in 1/4 C lemon juice and rind.
- Using rubber spatula mix in dry ingredients
- Fold in sour cream.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake at 325º for 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes then turn out cake.
- For glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and 4t lemon juice.
Drizzle over cake.