A wonderfully delicious cannabis massage cream for just about any muscle pain or skin ailment. Infused with just the right amount of decarboxylated cannabis or concentrate adds just the right touch of medicine to this wonderful elixir.
For more background and extensive information on THC infused oils and salves, click HERE:
And an excellently written article about the health benefits of coconut oil: http://www.well-beingsecrets.com/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil/
THC Massage and Pain Relieving Lotion/Salve
By March 29, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1/2-2 Cups (Depends on what you have on hand (Lots of Servings)
- Prep: 20 mins
This THC cream does it all- Sore muscles? Arthritis pain? Rashes? Bug Bites? This is the cream for your medicine cabinet or purse. Our test panels have given this rave reviews! Better still is to have a lover or friend give you a full body massage with this stuff- now that is pure bliss... Consistency is dependent on whether or not you whip the oil as it's setting up.
- 1/2 Cup Shea or Cocoa Butter
- 1/4 Cup Canna Coconut Oil
- 1/8 Cup Sunflower or Avocado Oil
- 15-50 Drops Essential Oils (for improved scent) Lavender, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Etc.
- In double boiler, melt all oils together. It doesn't really matter if you have all the ingredients. Have fun and experiment- the different oils are to give the finished product a different consistency than just infused coconut oil. Add Essential oils as needed when setting. Whipping is key, but you need to wait a bit for the oils to set back up before whipping. Be careful, because this can be messy, but if you have cuisinart or immersion blender, or you're really strong and can just whip the crap out of this stuff, go for it. It gives it a much nicer consistency, as we all know solid coconut oil is rather challenging to work with when cold.
- Feel free to experiment with different oils and strengths here- try fractionated coconut oil for more of a massage oil consistency. Try adding cocoa or shea butter for a thicker consistency. Avocado and almond oils are very nice to thin out the mixture as well. You almost can't mess this stuff up, seriously. Just be careful if you have any nut allergies or tell friends what's in it before giving it to them. No one from our test panels have reported getting 'high' from application of this cream, but do report extreme comfort and relaxation when using it!
- Also, look for fun and funky containers to put this in and give away to your friends and loved ones. We found some empty lip balm tubes online as well as the empty tins. We also got the amber and cobalt glass jars for storage. Best to keep this in the refrigerator, as it can tend to spoil easier now. Take it out the morning you plan to use it and you should be good to go! Please note, the two examples pictures were liquid oil poured into those containers, but works just the same as the whipped version.